The Brotherhood was founded by a group of devoted members of this church, taking as reference the sculpture found in the sacristy of the Church of Saint Maria del Mar. The titular sculpture, dated circa 1680, is likely to be the work of some sculptor of the school of Alonso Cano. It was restored by the Department of Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Property of the Polytechnic University of Valencia. This sculpture has the privilege of being the oldest one appearing in the procession during the Maritime Holy Week.
This Brotherhood is twinned with the Brotherhood of Christ of the Palm of Ontinyent, and both entities attend together their respective processions, both in the Grao of Valencia and in Ontinyent. The titular sculpture can be venerated in the main altar of the Church of Saint Maria del Mar from Lent until Holy Week.